Geography Awareness Week 2011
Highlights of the Week:
- State Proclamation (Rep. Melissa Innes)
- Keynote Speaker: Julia Brady (Olympian '92)
- Poster Contest Winners
- HMS Community - Where do we live?
- GIS Day - Judy Colby-George
- Guest Speakers: Biz Houghton-Rwanda, Jane Wellehan-New Guinea, Juani Morcillo-Madrid
- Yarmouth T-Shirt Day
- Geography Game Day
- HMS Donation ($730) for Local Food Pantry
Congratulations to Morgan Cuthbert
2011 Milken Educator Award Winner
In schools across the nation, up to 40 of America’s most effective secondary educators will receive the surprise of a lifetime this fall when they are honored with a $25,000 Milken Educator Award, one of education's most prestigious and lucrative recognitions. This season is also noteworthy; it marks the 25th anniversary of the Milken Educator Awards, hailed as the "Oscars of Teaching" by Teacher magazine.
8th Graders participating in Coastal Clean-Up, part of the largest volunteer effort on behalf of clean waterways and clean oceans.
Congratulations to Mrs. Smith/Mrs. Jorgensen's Advisor Group
Winners of the HMS "Not in Our School" Poster Contest