. Multi-tiered Guidelines for Athletic Activities
Maine Counties’ Risk of COVID-19 Spread for Schools
● Categorization as “red” suggests that the county has a high risk of COVID-19 spread and that in-person instruction is not advisable.
● Categorization as “yellow” suggests that the county has an elevated risk of COVID-19 spread and that schools may consider hybrid instructional models as a way to reduce the number of people in schools and classrooms at any one time.
● Categorization as “green” suggests that the county has a relatively low risk of COVID-19 spread and that schools may consider in-person instruction, as long as they are able to implement the required health and safety measures. Schools in a “green” county may need to use hybrid instruction models if there is insufficient capacity or other factors (facilities, staffing, geography/transportation, etc.) that may prevent full implementation of the health and safety requirements.
County Risk Level Status Yellow - When Cumberland County’s Risk of COVID-19 level is designated yellow, the following guidelines will be in place for Athletics:
● Takes effect Friday, Dec. 18 through Thursday, Dec. 31
● All athletic practices and activities will discontinue
● No in-person training or coaching will occur
● Athletic facilities and equipment will be closed and unavailable
● YHS Fitness Center will be closed to all students, staff, and employees
● Coaches may provide online communication through virtual meetings to promote the following:
○ Stressing the importance of activity, nutrition, and wellness
○ Providing training suggestions for individual workouts
○ Encouraging student athletes to follow guidelines of wearing masks, physical distancing, and not working out with fellow athletes Updating student athletes regarding the status of practices, schedules, and other news