HMS Updates - August 7, 2020
Friday, August 07, 2020
August 7, 2020
Dear HMS Families,
We hope that everything is going as well as possible as we continue to navigate these unsettling times. We also hope that the summer has provided some time to slow down, get outside, and engage in the activities you enjoy during this beautiful season.
We miss your children very much and we are doing everything we can to ensure a smart, safe beginning to the school year. Please review the information below. We will be sending more frequent updates in the coming weeks:
1. We will send out the Monday/Thursday, Tuesday/Friday groupings of students next Friday, August 14th. Students will attend school in these groupings through October 5th. We will keep you updated on our plans for after October 5th.
2. We are working on a “Frequently Asked Questions” doc, which we will get out to you as soon as possible. We hope that this will provide information about many aspects of the new school year that might still be unclear, including the new middle school start times and end times of 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
3. We hope you can join us for a virtual meeting on Thursday, August 20th, at 7:00 PM. We will send out a zoom invite and link for this meeting as we get closer to that date. This will provide us with another opportunity to respond to your questions.
4. Thank you for your ongoing patience regarding the HMS locker clean out. This has been challenging for us to schedule due to the construction inside and outside of the building. We are working on collecting all items from all lockers in individual bags, which will include students’ names/grade levels. We will be in touch soon to let you know when you can pick up your child’s belongings.
5. Yearbooks will be distributed to the students when they return to school. We will schedule a pick up date for students who have chosen the fully remote option (incoming 9th graders will receive their yearbooks at YHS).
Thanks very much,
Joan Adler and Tom McDowell
HMS Administrative Team